The RMA, Recycling Council of Alberta (RCA), and Alberta Municipalities are teaming up to present an Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) workshop for municipalities on January 5, 2022, from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm. The workshop will include two special guests who will provide further insight into the impacts municipalities can expect to experience following the transition to an EPR model. The special guests are:
- Dave Gordon, Senior Advisor of the Waste Division for the Association of Municipalities of Ontario
- Andrew Doi, Environmental Planner, specializing in EPR programs and policy at Metro Vancouver
In addition, the EPR workshop will be a great opportunity for municipalities to:
- Learn more about what residential recycling would look like under an EPR program.
- Debrief the Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) EPR engagement sessions.
- Learn more about what the impacts may be on the household hazardous waste programs under an EPR program.
- Ask any questions on behalf of your municipality.
The EPR workshop is free to attend. Registration
is required through the Alberta Municipalities Eventbrite page.
Manager of Policy & Advocacy