Training for SDAB members and clerks is now available to support mandatory training requirement under the Municipal Government Act (MGA)
Recent changes of the MGA
include a requirement for SDAB members and clerks
to undergo mandatory training based on a standard program to be approved by the Minister of Municipal Affairs. SDAB training will ensure that hearing practices are consistent across the province, and board members have a comprehensive understanding of their role and the appeal process.
The SDAB training curriculum and updated materials will be made available shortly at https://www.alberta.ca/mga-change-management.aspx
The below is a listing of SDAB training sessions that are being offered by the province. Details regarding registration are available in the attached brochure
- SDAB Training for Clerks – Okotoks: July 10, 2018
- SDAB Training for Members – Okotoks: July 11, 2018
- SDAB Training for Clerks – St Paul: July 16, 2018
- SDAB Training for Members – Grande Prairie: July 19, 2018
- SDAB Training for Clerks – Edmonton: July 23, 2018
- SDAB Training for Members – Edmonton: July 24, 2018
- SDAB Training for Clerks – Calgary: July 30, 2018
- SDAB Training for Members – Calgary: July 31, 2018
- SDAB Training for Clerks – Red Deer: September 11, 2018
- SDAB Training for Members – Red Deer: September 12, 2018
With the support of Municipal Affairs, the RMA, and the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association (AUMA) are working with other partners to offer additional courses this fall. More information will be shared in future editions of Contact.
Questions regarding the SDAB training and curriculum can be directed to a Municipal Affairs Planning Advisor at 780.427.2225.
For enquiries, please contact:
Director of External Relations & Advocacy