Keep Alberta Rolling is calling for municipalities and local businesses to share their stories
Keep Alberta Rolling Ltd
. is a locally funded, grassroots, non-profit organization created to showcase the benefits and potential of the Alberta screen industry. The goal of Keep Alberta Rolling is to increase awareness of local success stories in the screen industry and educate Albertans on the vast opportunity it presents for the creation of jobs, economic diversity, and foreign investment.
In January 2020, the Government of Alberta introduced the Film and Television Tax Credit
, which is part of the government’s commitment to grow Alberta’s cultural industries by 25% or $1.5 billion over the next 10 years. The tax credit targets projects with medium to large budgets and will support production and labour costs, up to a maximum of $10 million per project in Alberta. The budget for the tax credit includes:
- $15 million in 2020 - 2021
- $30 million in 2021 - 2022
- $45 million in 2022 - 2023
Keep Alberta Rolling is calling for municipalities to share their stories and show how the Alberta screen industry has had a positive impact from productions on businesses and the local community. Based on information submitted, municipalities may be featured in a highlight video created by Keep Alberta Rolling, which will be shared on the Small Towns & Big Screens
section of their website.
Municipalities can get engaged by:
- Promoting your municipality on the bottom of the Small Towns & Big Screens section of Keep Alberta Rolling’s website.
- Encouraging local businesses, charities, and community groups to share their stories on how the Alberta screen industry has had a positive impact from productions. The stories received may be featured on the Open for Show Business section of Keep Alberta Rolling’s website.
- Learning how to make your municipality “Film Friendly.”
If you would like more information, please contact Keep Alberta Rolling
Director of External Relations and Advocacy