Attend the Prairie Water Workshop hosted in Calgary
and Western Economic Diversification Canada
(WD-DEO) are hosting a one-day Prairie Water Workshop in Calgary. The workshop will allow for engagement with partners and stakeholders across the prairies to understand water and land management challenges as well as inform recommendations at a prairie-wide level. The feedback from this workshop will help inform a report that WD-DEO will be sending to the Government of Canada on possible next steps to develop a water and land management strategy for the prairies.
The workshop will:
- Introduce the objectives of this work
- Provide an overview and solicit feedback on the overall vision for a Prairie Land and Water Strategy and the current picture of the prairie water story
- Identify and discuss water management challenges, opportunities, and priorities both prairie-wide and for each prairie province.
The workshop is on January 28 at the Sandman Hotel Calgary City Centre
from 9:00 am - 3:30 pm and is free to attend. Please RSVP to Laura Corbeil at 403.708.1950 by January 22, 2020
If you require a room, WaterSMART has a block of rooms at the Sandman Hotel (403.237.8626) that has been reserved under the following details:
View the draft agenda here
- Group Name: Water Smart Solution
- Group Reservation Number: 941509
- Rooms will be held until January 20, 2020
For enquiries, please contact:
Director of External Relations & Advocacy