RMA’s Federal Election Platform includes four priority areas that should be a focus for all Alberta-based candidates during the upcoming federal election
With a federal election scheduled for September 20, 2021 and campaigning in full swing across Canada, RMA has developed a Federal Election Platform
featuring the following four key federal priorities and recommendations for rural Alberta:
- Priority 1: Rural Broadband
- Recommendation: Ensure Universal Broadband Fund allocations are distributed to underserviced areas experiencing the lowest internet speeds.
- Priority 2: Disaster Mitigation and Recovery
- Recommendation: Empower rural leaders with data, capacity-building tools, and resources to plan for and mitigate disaster risks from climate change in a rural context.
- Priority 3: Infrastructure
- Recommendation: Recognize and support the role of rural infrastructure in Canada’s economic growth by designing a Canada-wide rural infrastructure funding program that allows rural communities to invest in both core infrastructure and innovative capital projects that work in a rural setting.
- Priority 4: Drought Recovery
- Recommendation: Continue to provide immediate drought recovery support to impacted agricultural producers, while engaging with the agricultural industry to create tools and resources to lessen impacts of future extreme weather events.
RMA has distributed the Federal Election Platform to all known Alberta-based federal election candidates and has called on them to pledge support for the four priorities.
RMA encourages all members to utilize RMA’s Federal Election Platform priorities when engaging with candidates in local ridings. RMA also issued a press release related to the Federal Election Platform
that may support members in local media engagements.
Manager of Policy & Advocacy