The resolutions that will be presented during the resolutions session at the AAMDC Fall 2017 Convention are now available. The attached resolutions package was distributed to all AAMDC CAOs on Monday, October 23, 2017 to allow increased time for addition to council agendas.
Please note that as per the AAMDC Resolutions Process Policy
, the process for emergent resolutions has been streamlined as follows:
- An emergent resolution is defined as:
- A resolution submitted to the AAMDC after the resolution deadline (October 16, 2017 for the fall 2017 convention);
- The resolution must deal with an issue, legislative, or policy change that has arisen after the resolution deadline; and
- The resolutions must identify a need to be addressed prior to the next AAMDC convention.
- Justification explaining why a resolution is emergent must be clearly stated upon submission.
- The AAMDC Resolutions Committee will review all resolutions submitted as emergent and determine if they meet the aforementioned definition. Resolutions accepted by the Resolutions Committee as emergent will be added to the order paper at the start of the resolutions session. No debate from the floor as to whether a resolution is emergent will occur.
- The member bringing forward the emergent resolution must, at their own expense, provide copies for voting members in attendance (minimum 600).
Any members who intend to bring forward an emergent resolution for consideration are encouraged to advise a member of the AAMDC Resolutions Committee or Tasha Blumenthal at firstname.lastname@example.org
as soon as possible. The deadline to submit emergent resolutions is Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 10:00 am
Due to the results of the 2017 municipal election, AAMDC District Directors are filling vacancies left on the AAMDC Resolutions Committee. Committee members for the fall 2017 convention are as follows:
- Chair – Tom Burton, AAMDC District 4 Director, email@example.com or 780.512.1558
- District 1 – Randy Taylor, AAMDC District 1 Director, County of Warner
- District 2 – Earl Graham, AAMDC District 2 Director, Clearwater County
- District 3 – Kara Westerlund, Brazeau County
- District 4 – Leanne Beaupre, County of Grande Prairie
- District 5 – Eric Anderson, County of Minburn
Any members wishing to propose amendments to resolutions included in the attached resolutions package are encouraged to email proposed amendments to Tasha Blumenthal at firstname.lastname@example.org
noting the resolution number.
Enquiries may be directed to:
Director, Advocacy & Communications