Registration is open for fall Munis 101 sessions, and additional sessions in January have been announced
The Elected Officials Education Program (EOEP), in partnership with Alberta Municipal Affairs, is delivering Munis 101 courses across the province to help municipalities meet Municipal Government Act (MGA) orientation requirements
. Although the courses are mainly intended for new and returning councillors, CAOs are encouraged to attend to supplement the topics covered with municipal-specific information. Munis 101 is also the foundational course for the Municipal Elected Leaders Certificate
, which the EOEP bestows in partnership with the University of Alberta’s Augustana Extended Education program on councillors who complete all seven EOEP courses.
EOEP is offering Munis 101 through regional sessions across the province, in addition to sessions at AUMA and RMA conventions in November. Based on demand, EOEP is organizing an additional regional session in Blackfalds and a virtual session in January.
Register today for the following sessions:
- Whitecourt at the Whitecourt Baptist Church from 1:00 to 4:00 pm on Thursday, November 4, and 8:30 am to 3:30 pm on Friday, November 5.
- Grande Prairie at the Pomeroy Hotel from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm on Saturday, November 6, and 8:30 to 11:30 am on Sunday, November 7.
- Bonnyville at the Bonnyville and District Centennial Centre from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm on Tuesday, November 9, and 8:30 to 11:30 am on Wednesday, November 10.
- Edmonton, as an AUMA pre-convention session at the Edmonton Convention Centre from 1:00 to 4:00 pm on Monday, November 15, and 8:30 to 11:30 am on Tuesday, November 16.
- Edmonton, as an RMA pre-convention session at the Edmonton EXPO Centre from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm on Monday, November 22, and 8:30 am to 12:00 pm on Tuesday, November 23.
- Lethbridge at the Coast Lethbridge Hotel from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm on Thursday, December 2, and 8:30 to 11:30 am on Friday, December 3.
- Strathmore at the Travelodge Strathmore from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm on Monday, December 6, and 8:30 to 11:30 am Tuesday, December 7.
- Three Hills at the Three Hills Community Memorial Centre from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm on Thursday, December 9, and 8:30 to 11:30 am on Friday, December 10.
Registration will open soon for an additional session in Blackfalds along with a virtual offering in January. Registration cost is $375 plus GST.
EOEP is offering in-person Munis 101 courses in adherence with Restrictions Exemption Program
(REP) requirements. Anyone attending in-person will be required to show one of the following:
- Proof of full vaccination (both vaccination doses must be administered 14 days prior to course date),
- Proof of negative, privately-paid test result within 72 hours of the time and day you are entering the facility, or
- An original medical exemption letter.
Please note, as per the REP requirements, copies of medical exemption letters will not be accepted. It must be the original letter. Results from Alberta Health Services tests are not permissible.
EOEP’s refund policy
has been updated to reflect that anyone who is feeling unwell or tests positive for COVID is not to attend. EOEP will also enforce the current mask bylaws in place, which require attendees to be masked unless consuming food or beverage at a table.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you to one of our in-person or virtual offerings.
Manager of Policy & Advocacy