Registration is now open for EOEP Land Use Planning course on October 11
Registration is now open for a one-day in-person offering of the Elected Officials Education Program
(EOEP) course on Council’s Role in Land Use and Development Approvals. This course is open to all elected officials or current municipal administrative staff interested in the subject.
- Date: October 11, 2023
- Time: Full Day (exact time to be determined)
- Where: Municipal District of Bighorn (exact venue to be determined)
- Cost: Since this course is being hosted by a municipality, the cost will depend on the number of registered participants.
This course focuses on:
- Understanding redesignation and subdivision of land, appeals and disputes, and how to evaluate development proposals.
- Taking public views into consideration as part of the planning process.
- How to consider long-term objectives in planning decisions.
- Understanding the statutory link between the municipality’s plans and the tools available to implement those plans.
For a full description of the course, please visit the EOEP website
. Seats are limited so register soon by emailing the EOEP Registrar
Manager of Policy & Advocacy