Applications for the 2019 Minister’s Awards for Municipal Excellence are now open.
The Minister of Municipal Affairs has announced the 2019 Minister’s Awards for Municipal Excellence
. The 18th annual awards recognize municipal government excellence and promote knowledge-sharing among municipalities.
An independent review committee comprised of representatives from various municipal associations will recommend award recipients in five categories and, if chosen by the committee, one award for outstanding achievement in the following areas:
- Innovation – Recognizes a leading practice embodying the first use of an idea in a municipal context in Alberta (municipalities with a population of less than 500,000);
- Partnership – Recognizes a leading municipal practice involving consultation, co-ordination and co-operation with other municipalities, jurisdictions or organizations (municipalities with a population of less than 500,000);
- Safe Communities – Recognizes a leading practice focused on making municipalities safer through prevention and enforcement (municipalities with a population of less than 500,000);
- Smaller Municipalities – Recognizes the innovative practices developed by communities with less than 3,000 residents;
- Larger Municipalities – Recognizes an innovative and creative practice of larger municipalities with populations 500,000 or greater that have a substantial resource base and who can partner with departments within the municipality’s control;
To apply and view submission guidelines, click here
For enquiries, please contact:
Director of External Relations & Advocacy