The Government of Alberta has developed a variety of emergency preparedness tools that can be shared with residents to support safe communities
In advance of Emergency Preparedness Week, which takes place from May 3 - 9, the Government of Alberta
has developed a variety of resources to support Albertans in preparing for emergencies. RMA members are encouraged to review the resources below and share them with residents and other organizations through social media and other means.
Build an emergency kit
- Includes information on hazards in Alberta with preparedness tips and 60-second videos that are shareable on social media.
Raise awareness in your community
- Includes printable brochures and checklists for family, pet, farm animal, and vehicle preparedness.
Make an emergency plan
- Includes tools and resources for communities to raise awareness, including information on emergency preparedness week, #PrepareYourSelfie campaign, and 60-second videos that are sharable on social media.
- Includes an emergency preparedness guide, tips on how to communicate during an emergency, and information relating to pets and farm animals, information on how to help children during emergencies, and a guide for people with disabilities.
- Includes hazard and general emergency preparedness information, including shelter-in-place and evacuation fact sheets.
For enquiries, please contact:
Senior Policy Advisor
Director of External Relations & Advocacy