The RMA is seeking member representation on the Plumbing Sub-Council of the Safety Codes Council.
The RMA is seeking nominations for the plumbing sub-council which will be forwarded for consideration by the Safety Codes Council. Members seeking nomination should be experts in the respective discipline and actively engaged in the safety codes system.
In your application or nomination, please provide a brief profile that lists your background, experience, and contact information.
Please note, the positions can go to either elected or non-elected members of your municipality.
Within their disciplines, the technical sub-councils are responsible for the following:
- Reviewing, formulating, and recommending safety codes, standards, and principles of barrier-free design and access;
- Establishing competency requirements for Safety Codes Officers;
- Developing standards and compliance monitoring criteria for accredited organizations;
- Assessing the effectiveness and quality of Safety Codes Officers’ training courses; and
- Hearing and deciding appeals of orders and written notices.
As these are volunteer positions, members are not paid but the Safety Codes Council will reimburse its members for all expenses incurred. Per diems are paid for by the nominating municipality. Please see the attached job description for details by clicking here
The Council is an equal opportunity organization and values diversity of all kinds.
For more information about the Safety Codes Council, please visit www.safetycodes.ab.ca
Please forward your nominations to RMA Policy Analyst Wyatt Skovron at wyatt@RMAlberta.com
by May 31, 2019
Enquiries may be directed to:
Director of External Relations & Advocacy