The AAMDC is seeking member representation on both the Plumbing Sub-Council
and Fire Sub-Council
of the Safety Codes Council. The AAMDC is seeking up to two nominees for each of the sub-councils that will be forwarded for consideration by the Safety Codes Council. Members who would like to be nominated for these two committees should be experts in the respective discipline and actively engaged in the safety codes system.
In your application or nomination, please provide a brief profile that lists your background, experience, and contact information.
Please note, the positions can go to either
elected or non-elected members of your municipality.
Within their disciplines, the technical sub-councils are responsible for the following:
- Reviewing, formulating, and recommending safety codes, standards and principles of barrier free design and access;
- Establishing competency requirements for Safety Codes Officers;
- Developing standards and compliance monitoring criteria for accredited organizations;
- Assessing the effectiveness and quality of Safety Codes Officers’ training courses; and
- Hearing and deciding appeals of orders and written notices.
As these are volunteer positions, members are not paid but the Safety Codes Council will reimburse its members for all expenses incurred. Per diems are paid for by the nominating municipality. Please see the attached job description for details by clicking here
The Council is an equal opportunity organization and values diversity of all kinds.
For more information about the Safety Codes Council, please visit www.safetycodes.ab.ca
Please forward your nominations to AAMDC Policy Analyst, Matt Dow at firstname.lastname@example.org
by NOVEMBER 23, 2017
Enquiries may be directed to:
Director, Advocacy & Communications