Be ready to vote on the Board Governance Review Committee’s recommendations at RMA’s 2021 Spring Convention
In order to operate effectively and remain accountable to members, RMA is committed to undertaking a review of the association’s governance structure every four years. RMA undertook its most recent review beginning in December 2020. The Board Governance Review Committee (BGRC) consisted of one voting member from each of the RMA’s five districts, as well a non-voting chairperson intended to guide discussions.
The composition of the BGRC is as follows:
- Non-voting chairperson: Bob Barss, RMA Past President (2012 - 2014), Reeve, MD of Wainwright
- District 1: Robin Kurpjuweit, District 1 Representative, Councillor, Cypress County
- District 2: Bruce Beattie, District 2 Chair, Reeve, Mountain View County
- District 3: Kelly Vandenberghe, District 3 Chair, Councillor, Leduc County
- District 4: Leanne Beaupre, District 4 Representative, Reeve, County of Grande Prairie
- District 5: Gene Hrabec, District 5 Chair, Deputy Reeve, Beaver County
The BGRC has now finished deliberations and presented recommendations to the RMA Board of Directors on March 3, 2021. Following this presentation, the report will be emailed directly to reeves, mayors, and CAOs.
The report’s recommendations will be voted on by members at RMA’s 2021 Spring Convention. The BGRC will provide members with an overview of the report and recommendations prior to voting on the last day of the spring convention: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 1:00 pm.
Enquiries may be directed to: