As members begin the process of preparing resolutions for upcoming district meetings and the Fall 2023 Convention, the RMA recommends seeking assistance and utilizing the tools available on the resolution section
of the RMA website. You can learn more by visiting the following pages:
- Resolutions Database – Looking for a specific resolution? Find all active and archived resolutions here. Search by keyword, year, sponsoring municipality, and resolution status.
- Resolutions FAQ – Wondering what resolutions are and how they’re used? This FAQ explains the purpose of resolutions, how to write resolutions effectively, how to submit resolutions, and other common questions.
- Resolution Writing Tips – Writing an effective resolution is tricky. It must follow a specific format and clearly identify the issue of concern. Use this document to support your writing efforts.
- Resolution Template – Utilize this Word document template to ensure your resolutions include all necessary sections.
- RMA Resolution Process Policy – Review this document to understand the details of the resolution process, including how resolutions are submitted, voted on and monitored.
For more information on resolutions, contact RMA Policy and Research Analyst Emmanuel Chukwuma at emmanuel@RMAlberta.com
Policy & Research Analyst
Manager of Policy & Advocacy