Applications are accepted until October 30, 2018
The Alberta Status of Women Community Grant Program
provides one-time funding to local non-profit and charitable organizations for projects and activities that improve the lives of women and girls in Alberta, and relate to one or more of the following priority areas:
- Increasing women’s economic security
- Increasing women in leadership and democratic participation
- Preventing and responding to gender-based violence
Although municipalities are not eligible to directly apply for a Status of Women Community Grant, RMA members are encouraged to pass grant information on to non-profit organizations operating in their communities.
Status of Women Community Grants fall into two primary categories:
- Projects and programs – organizations can request up to $50,000 to expand the reach of a program or service they offer or introduce successful initiatives into other areas of Alberta
- Events, conferences and training – organizations can request up to $25,000 to organize events, conferences or training that encourages knowledge sharing or best practices related to one or more of the priority areas
Projects under both categories must be completed within 12 months of signing a grant agreement.
For more information on eligible organization and projects, as well as the application process, click here
or view the Program Guidelines and Glossary.
For enquiries, please contact:
Director of External Relations & Advocacy