In December, the AAMDC issued a member bulletin announcing the formation of an AAMDC Climate Change Advisory Committee. The AAMDC was pleased to receive a number of applications from across Alberta and would like to thank all applicants who put their name forward.
The AAMDC Board of Directors selected one committee member from each district based on those submitted:
|Committee Chair, AAMDC
The AAMDC Climate Change Advisory Committee will provide a rural municipal perspective on the positive and negative impacts of provincial and federal legislation, policies and programming related to climate change. Through involvement on this committee, members have the opportunity to lend expertise to the advocacy process. Committee topics could include, but are not limited to:
- Carbon levy impacts on rural municipalities
- Transition program for closing of coal-fired plants
- Legislative opportunities and challenges related to renewables
- Municipal opportunities for adapting to new legislative requirements
- Other items as identified by the AAMDC Board of Directors
The committee will be meeting in the coming weeks and updates will continue to be provided through Contact.
Enquiries may be directed to:
Director, Advocacy & Communications