Competition # 1911 | Closes May 24, 2019
The MD of Lesser Slave River is currently seeking a full-time Water/Wastewater Operator to assist with daily operation and maintenance across a vast boreal forest territory, two hours north of Edmonton. The position includes monitoring and reporting as per Alberta Environment Codes and Regulations and applicable Codes of Practice. The municipality has three water treatment facilities, seven water distribution facilities, and three wastewater collection and treatment facilities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Alberta Environment Certifications in Water and Wastewater disciplines
- Willingness to advance with Alberta Environment Certifications for plant distribution and collection activities
- Membrane Water & Wastewater Treatment experience would be an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Strong mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and SCADA systems
- Equivalencies considered
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive compensation/benefits package, a variety of developmental opportunities, and the opportunity to make a real difference within a growing and dynamic organization.
Resume and cover letter may be submitted in confidence by email or hard copy mailed to the address indicated below. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Name: Alanis Marleau
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: May 08, 2019
Closing Date: May 24, 2019
Job ID: 1911