With a population of approximately 15,800, Cold Lake is a city that offers a wealth of excitement, adventure and entertainment for all in any season. Hugging the southern shores of Alberta’s seventh largest lake, this recreational paradise can be accessed in summer and winter through western Canada’s largest inland marina. New housing, excellent educational facilities, a multipurpose recreational facility and a college are just a few of the highlights that truly make Cold Lake a community of choice.
The City of Cold Lake is seeking two qualified individuals to fill the permanent, full-time
positions of Water Treatment Plant Operator within the Infrastructure Department.
The City of Cold Lake provides a competitive compensation package to successful candidates, including an exceptional benefits plan, pension plan, and a variety of developmental opportunities.
Interested candidates, please submit a detailed resume including qualifications and past and present work experience. Please include a cover letter describing your experience and abilities with respect to the above listed qualifications, and copies of any relevant certifications. The City of Cold Lake appreciates receiving applications from all qualified individuals; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Submit resumes with cover letter to:
City of Cold Lake: Human Resources
5513 – 48 Avenue
Cold Lake, AB T9M 1A1
Facsimile: (780) 594-4041
Or, apply online at: HR Application (coldlake.com)
Key Responsibilities Include:
Reporting to the Water Treatment Plant Foreman, the Operator, in compliance with environmental standards, ensures safe distribution, treatment, disinfection and transmission of potable water to City of Cold Lake residences and customers. The Water Treatment Plant Operator, in compliance with all federal and provincial regulatory bodies, ensures the safe operation of the City’s water and sewage systems. This position will oversee safe disinfection of potable water and uninterrupted transmission to customers, monitor bacteriological levels, and report data to Alberta Environment for analysis. The Operator is responsible for obtaining field samples, lab testing, organizing data and record management. This position will be responsible for maintenance and repair of the water and wastewater systems, pump houses, lift stations and treatment facility. The incumbent will be working at a newly renovated Water Treatment Plant that features a new membrane train, new pumps, and has been expanded to service the greater Cold Lake region.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in utilities, water treatment or a related field;
- The preferred qualifications for this position is a High School diploma or equivalent;
- A current Class 3 Driver’s license with Q endorsement;
- Alberta Environment Certification – Level II Water Treatment and Water Distribution, Level I Waste Water Treatment, and Level II Waste Water Collection certificates are required with a preference given to those with Level II certification for all;
- Standard First Aid, CPR, Confined Space Entry, H2S, Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Heavy Equipment Operator certifications are preferred;
- The Operator will have strong time management, computer, communication, organizational, and customer service skills.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jul 12, 2022
Closing Date: Sept 30, 2022