Come work with us! Employment with the City of Beaumont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community. We are a forward-thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, exceptional customer service, and offer a collaborative team environment. Our team is professional, fun, and passionate about supporting the vision of a growing, vibrant and spirited community.
The City of Beaumont is seeking a Systems Specialist to provide technical support on software systems. This position is responsible for a variety of functions including, but not limited to: Develop, Administer, and Maintain Cityworks Asset Management Solution (AMS), Assist with Corporate Geography Information System (GIS), Administer and Maintain Cityworks Permits, Licensing, and Land (PLL), administer and maintain other systems, support asset management initiatives, and other duties as required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Within Cityworks AMS:
- Manage migration, implementation and the organization of asset data onto the platform for all City business units, including possible transition from multiple databases and accounts into a harmonized system with an enterprise account.
- Program inspections, service request, work orders, search fields for business needs from service areas.
- Work with end-users to analyze, design, construct and implement workflow management components in support of regular business operations; documents applications and provides cross-functional training as needed.
- Train end-users on how to effectively use the system
- Provide information on assets including cost of ownership, warranty expirations, long range replacement planning, and other critical asset management functions
- Responsible for production of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc workflow management reporting. Reports include, service requests, work order activity, scheduled maintenance, incident reporting and training.
- Lead efforts to improve overall maintenance program effectiveness through continuously improving preventive maintenance strategy
- Create and maintain professional relationships with external vendors and internal customers to achieve goals.
- Liaise with other municipalities, professional organizations and associations to deliver Cityworks development best practices to the organization
- Interpret various record documents including but not limited to survey plans, engineering record drawings, various datasets, imageries, sketches and project reports for the purpose of maintaining the land and asset inventories, and spatial data on municipal operation schedules.
- Lead efforts to improve overall maintenance program effectiveness through continuously improving preventive maintenance strategy.
- Maintain existing software and troubleshoot any problems related to performance of software systems.
- Provide recommendations on software systems that should be connected with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, of other related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution with 4 years of progressively responsible experience related to software systems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing, administering, and/or maintaining software systems.
- Familiarity with Cityworks AMS and PLL would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports would be considered an asset. Familiarity with Python, XML, Java Script, and/or Microsoft SQL would be considered an asset.
- Experience developing or maintaining APIs would be considered an asset.
- Experience with GIS would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with municipal field work (e.g., water system maintenance or parks maintenance) would be considered an asset.
- Experience training end users how to use digital solutions would be considered an asset.
- Project Management experience combined with scheduling software experience would be considered an asset
This full-time, permanent position offers a salary range of $70,598 - $92,114 (salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications), a competitive benefits package, and enrolment in LAPP. To apply, email your cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number 21-45 in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
by August 5, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jul 23, 2021
Closing Date: Aug 05, 2021