Elected Officials Workshop
Asset management is an important tool for councils to understand the link between infrastructure and service delivery. It also helps councils to make data-informed, community-minded decisions. This one-day course will allow elected officials to peer into the asset management process and learn more about the benefits. Although the workshop is mainly focused on elected officials, CAOs are encouraged to attend as well to get a sense of the strategic side of asset management.
At a minimum, by the end of this workshop, elected officials will have achieved the following:
- Develop an understanding of the asset management process to support your work as an elected official
- Connect with other elected officials and share asset management experiences
These workshops will be held across Alberta on the following dates:
- March 2, 2023 – Calgary, Courtyard Calgary Airport (Reserve your room online)
- April 20, 2023 – Grande Prairie, Four Points Sheraton Grande Prairie (To book, phone 587.771.1300 and use block code RMA)
- May 25, 2023 – Edmonton, Holiday Inn Edmonton South (To book, phone 780.784.8500 and use block code RMA)
- June 8, 2023 – Vermillion, Lakeland College
This initiative is delivered through the Municipal Asset Management Program, which is delivered by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and funded by the Government of Canada.