Assists with providing quality summer programs for children/youth.
- Assists with the implementation and evaluation of a traveling rural theme day, day trips.
- Be actively involved in all programs and be willing to participate enthusiastically in planned activities.
- Assists with training and evaluation of volunteers in the JET program.
- Ensures that all facilities used are kept clean and secure as well as safe for program activities.
- Ensures that an effective relation with fellow staff, parents, volunteers, and facility attendants is maintained.
- Maintains accurate records and reports as required by their supervisor (i.e. Accident reports, daily time sheets, program statistics, final program reports, etc.)
- To attend scheduled staff meetings, complete a mid and final evaluation on self and co-workers.
- Available to work evenings, and occasional weekends.
- Attends training sessions and workshops as required.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
Must work effectively and efficiently with others with little or no supervision, always be punctual, self-motivated, communicate openly, takes direction well, and responds to public inquiries in a calm and friendly manner. Work is performed within and outside the county. Physical job requirements include: occasional lifting of 30 pounds, sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
NOTE: Applicants must submit at time of application a Commercial Drivers Abstract dated within 30 days of application. Internal driver evaluations may be conducted prior to hire.
- Post-secondary education in recreation, education, or another related field would be an asset.
- Previous experience working with children/youth in a program setting.
- Valid first aid certificate
- Defensive driving certificate.
- A valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle.
- An acceptable Drivers Abstract.
- A clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Record Check.