Do you have experience in Emergency Services? Are you familiar with municipal commission organization? We have an opportunity for Regional Emergency Manager to lead the charge as the Chief Administrative Officer of Beaver Emergency Services Commission. You will work from the BESC office in Viking, AB as you coordinate the volunteer fire services in Tofield, Viking, Ryley, Holden, Bruce, Kinsella and Beaver County.
As the Regional Emergency Manager/Director of Emergency Management you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Emergency Management
o Risk management
o Regional partnership
o Legal and regulatory compliance
o Allocate resources, coordinate and communicate
• Leadership and Direction
o Respond to emergencies, as required
o Update Regional Emergency Plan
o Conduct Fire Service organizational reviews
o Ensure training is available for fire fighters and fire officers
o Liaise with 911 provider
• Legal and Legislative Compliance
o Municipal Government Act
o Emergency Management Act
o Safety Codes Act
o Occupational Health and Safety Act
o Highway Transport Act
• Commission Administration
• Public Relations
We’re looking for someone who can:
• Manage interpersonal relationships with Staff, BESC Commission Directors, the public and volunteers.
• Problem solve, research and report.
• Think analytically and exercise good judgement.
• Provide leadership though personal example.
• Maintain confidentiality.
Your experience and educational background:
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline such as fire sciences, business, public administration or related field.
• 5-7 years of progressive experience in management
• Extensive and successful career track record including background in Incident Command System and EOC Leadership
• Experience with fire and emergency management, wildfires, disaster response.
• A valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License.
Who are we?
The Beaver Emergency Services Commission (BESC) is a regional partnership between the towns of Tofield, Viking, villages of Holden, Ryley, Hamlets of Kinsella and Bruce and Beaver County, Alberta for set up for the administration and delivery of fire and emergency management services. Commission headquarters are located in Viking, Alberta.
BESC manages the administration and oversees the operations of volunteer fire departments in each of the towns of Tofield and Viking, the villages of Ryley and Holden, and the hamlets of Bruce and Kinsella. Fire Department operations in each of the towns and villages are managed by a District Fire Chief and many dedicated volunteer firefighters.