• Operate switchboard and perform receptionist duties;
• Respond to public enquiries as required over the phone and in person;
• Order office supplies for the Sturgeon County Centre;
• Type correspondence as required for the Finance Department;
• Accept and receipt payment for municipal goods and services;
• Distribute incoming mail for Sturgeon County Staff;
• Prepare outgoing mail for Sturgeon County Centre;
• Distribute Accounts Payable invoices to proper departments;
• Code appropriate Administration invoices;
• Prepare accounts payable cheques for mailing;
• Process County map mailing requests;
• Provide relief for the Taxation, Accounts Payable/Receivable and Utilities Assistants;
• Issue Fire Permits and Dog Licenses as required for Protective Services;
• Assist the department with the County’s Records and Information Management Program through the maintenance, control and disposition of the records;
• Follow the Sturgeon County Health & Safety Management System guidelines and adhere to the Workers’ Responsibilities and Accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Safety Management System.
Operates office equipment such as photocopier, postage meter, personal computer, paper folder, facsimile, switchboard etc. Your competencies include excellent communication skills, professional phone manner, proficiently skilled in all Microsoft Office programs, and have strong inter-personal skills. Need to work in a team environment. Job is performed in a busy office environment.
High School Diploma and 1 year of relevant experience in an administrative role.