Key Responsibilities Include:
• Managing, directing, coordinating and supervising the delivery of operational services under the Infrastructure Services Department.
• Ensures that all work within the responsible delivery areas are carried out in a safe manner as required by Council policy or legislation and is responsible to stop work not in compliance with Council safety policy or Legislation.
• On site supervision of employees and contractor performance.
• Provide customer service to residents and respond to requests and concerns.
• Coordinate the development and maintenance of the County Health & Safety programs and the Alberta Municipal Health and Safety Association COR certification.
• Ensure annual audits of the Health & Safety program are performed.
• Ensure that all services being offered by the department are in accordance with the policies and direction established by Council. This is to include public awareness, particularly on projects or changes in policy that will directly affect on-site residents or different user groups.
• Assist with or lead special projects affecting the Infrastructure Services Department.
• Assist with details and feasibility of gravelling, road oiling and dust control programs including assessing the gravelling of roads within the municipality, monitoring the hiring of contract and gravel trucks, gravel crushing contracts and conducting on-site inspections.
• Assist with long-term planning and budget preparation.
• Responsible for the supervision of the Public Works Maintenance Foreman, Construction Coordinator, Shop Foreman, and others as assigned by the Director of Infrastructure Services, and the establishment of goals and the assessment of performances for those employees.
• Assume the duties of the Director of Infrastructure Services as well as the Foremen in their absence, to ensure a continued high level of supervision and coordination of staff and equipment.
• Support to field services staff for training and troubleshooting.
• Perform other duties as directed.
• Supervisory and/or management experience.
• Experience in project management and municipal operations.
• Completion of Civil Engineering Technology Diploma from a recognized institute and Eligibility for CET designation.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Class 5 licence.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jul 30, 2019
Closing Date: Aug 08, 2019