Ideally to fill this role you will have a four year degree from a recognized college or University in Business Administration, Project Management, Public Administration or related field plus 3 years of progressively responsible office or project management experience.
In addition you will have:
What we offer:
- Completion of Provincial FOIP Training (Introduction and Privacy, Access to Information and Managing a FOIP Program), Provincial Election Training and Provincial Census Training would be considered an asset.
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, e.g. Municipal Government Act, Local Authorities Election Act, policies and bylaws
- Ability to write reports that reflect large amounts of data and the interpretation of legislation
- Proven exceptional expertise with written and oral communications
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Advanced written and communication skills including a demonstrated ability to analyse detailed information and transcribe it into a concise document using plain language
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills including conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict statutory requirements
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to network and conduct self directed research to stay current and connected with government and industry initiatives and activities related to their position
- Demonstrated ability as a problem-solve and idea-generator
- Demonstrated ability to strictly maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Ability to take initiative and manage diverse subject matter.
- Proven ability to recognize, understand and contribute to team goals and objectives.
- Working knowledge of provincial and municipal legislation, bylaws and policies and the ability to interpret same preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher) and Internet software
- Capable of lifting boxes approximately 25 to 40 lbs
In addition to the very competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals.
We welcome applications until September 24, 2018.
For more information and to apply online, please visit us at www.reddeer.ca/careers or email your application to email@example.com.