Position Type: Temporary (7 Months) Full Time
Rate of Pay: $51,175 - $67,341 per annum
Hours of Work: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
Competition Close Date: November 21, 2021
We are looking for an organized and enthusiastic Planning and Development Assistant to join our Planning and Development department on a temporary basis. This key role provides clerical support relating to planning and development and administration to the department, other county staff and county residents.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Type correspondence, agendas, minutes, reports and other related materials as required.
- Answer telephone and counter inquiries for the department.
- Maintain electronic records and databases and filing for Development and Strategic Services.
- Maintain bylaw amendment, subdivision and development referrals.
- Responsible for compilation of meeting agendas and minutes on a regular basis.
- Accept subdivision and amendment applications; building and development permits.
- As an E-Site Administrator, performs data entry of development and building permits.
- Provide backup to Inspections Assistant, entering all other safety code permits.
- Review invoices for accuracy.
- Prepare follow up documentation for permits and subdivisions approved or issued by the Municipal Planning Commission.
- Act as witness for subdivision endorsements.
- Be appointed by Council as Fire Guardian to issue Fire permits.
- Accept and receipt payment for municipal goods and services.
- Provide back up relief for the others within the team.
- Compile documentation for FOIP information requests.
- Coordinate departmental research of files in relation to Environmental Site Assessment information requests.
- Designated Safety Codes Administrator for Development Support Services Department.
- Perform tasks and special project assignments from time to time.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- Sturgeon County is currently gathering information regarding employee vaccination status for the purpose of protecting the health and safety of its employees and visitors at its worksites, which may include the future requirement to be fully vaccinated.
- High school diploma and/or post-secondary training or certificate in Office Assistance or 2 years of relevant experience in a clerical role within an office setting.
- Previous experience working within a municipal environment is ideal.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure all documents are accurate and error free.
- Excellent organizational, time management and customer service skills.
- Proficient with the use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently or in a team environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to a demanding environment and maintain customer service standards.
To apply for this position, use this link:
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $51,175 - $67,341 per annum
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Posted Date: Nov 08, 2021
Closing Date: Nov 21, 2021