With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities. This unique rural area is situated on the west outskirts of Edmonton, just 20 minutes from downtown, and stretching over 2438 sq. km. of picturesque landscapes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Parkland County has five (5) temporary, full-time positions available in the Agricultural Services Department for Mower Operators from approximately June 3 to October 25, 2019. You will perform a variety of duties including spraying and cutting roadsides for weed and brush control using a tractor and mower unit, fertilizing and seeding using a quad/UTV as well as other related duties. The ability to deal with the public effectively and courteously is required.
This position is covered by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local Union No. 955 Collective Agreement.
- High School Diploma required.
- Knowledge and experience in the operation of medium duty vehicles including sprayers and tractors.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Experience using heavy equipment required.
- Farm experience is preferred.
- Valid Alberta Pesticide Applicator’s License or the ability to obtain one.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License. Upon hire, a current Driver’s Abstract and satisfactory driving record must be provided.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $27.91 per hour
Position Type: Temporary, Full-time (40 hours/week)
Posted Date: Mar 15, 2019
Closing Date: Apr 04, 2019