Sturgeon County is recruiting for 5 Temporary, Full time positions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Operate equipment to mow grass and weeds on municipal land.
• Operate a 100-horsepower tractor with a 15 foot rotary cutter to mow grass and weeds on municipal road allowances, and park reserves.
• Perform weed control work on private lands, as directed by supervisor.
• Utilize a variety of tractor implements to perform reclamation work in road construction areas;
• Maintain all related equipment and assist with servicing and repairs.
• Keep detailed records of work and equipment maintenance activities;
• Perform other vegetation management and park maintenance duties when weather is restrictive to mowing
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System
• Experience in lawn care and property maintenance.
• Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable 5-year commercial driver’s abstract.
• Ability to perform medium lifting of 25 kilograms and to perform strenuous work outdoors for extended time periods.
• Minimum Emergency First Aid certificate.
• Defensive Driving course certificate, (the ability to obtain prior to start date).
• Access to a reliable vehicle to travel to various work sites.
• Experience with trailer hookup, cargo securement and towing.
• Experience driving a pickup on gravel roads would be considered an asset.
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, co-workers and the public.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Mechanical knowledge and aptitude to repair and maintain tractors and other implements.
• Knowledge of agronomic practices, and an agricultural background would be an asset.
Applicants must submit at time of application a 5-year Commercial Drivers Abstract dated within 30 days of application.
Internal driver evaluations will be conducted prior to hire.
To see full job advertisement details please visit our careers page on our website. www.sturgeoncounty.ca
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter stating the competition number to firstname.lastname@example.org