- Post-secondary education in Land Use Planning or a related discipline and/or completion of an Applied Land Use Planning Certificate.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ municipal experience in land use planning.
- Extensive knowledge of the provincial legislation and the application of local municipal bylaws and policies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in orienting, training, mentoring, and directing the work and assignments of planning and development staff.
- Identify and resolve problems relating to planning applications that may be unique and complex.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings, Real Property Reports and site plans and perform mathematical calculations to independently determine compliance with bylaw requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills with the objective of balancing the needs of stakeholders with the interests of the municipality.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral, written and presentation communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven problem solving, negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- A positive and approachable attitude complimented with a strong work ethic and ability to work on multiple files simultaneously.
- Proficient in Excel and Word Programs are essential.
- Successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check.
This position is based on a 40-hour work week. Salary range for this position is $91,075-$118,365. Thorhild County has a comprehensive benefit program. Current employees of the Thorhild County fulfilling the requirements essential to this position shall be considered for this position.