QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic.
• Journeyman Automotive Mechanic would be an asset.
• Class “3” driver’s license is required. A class “1” would be an asset.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Grade 12.
• Licensed to perform Commercial Vehicle inspections.
• To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision.
• Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Use and operation of a vehicle.
• Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from employees, Management, Council and Ratepayers.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
• Basic accounting skills and familiarity with finances and budgeting.
• Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
• High level of physical effort and heavy lifting.
• Long periods of standing, bending and kneeling.
• Exposure to used oil, dust, dirt, fumes, cold and noise.
• Operation of various vehicles and equipment – subject to cuts, scrapes, falls, burns and blows.
• Subject to working in outdoor environment – heat, cold, dry, dusty and / or wet conditions as well as insects, bees and wildlife.
• Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
• All employees of the Municipal District are governed by and must be compliant with the Municipal District Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
• Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
• Required to wear correct Personal Protective Equipment as per safe job procedures
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume by 26th April 2019, in one of the following ways:
Mail or Drop Off: Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806-36 Avenue, PO Box 1079 Valleyview, AB T0H 3N0