Key Responsibilities Include:
• Development and production of GIS mapping products including the design and implementation of online and hard-copy maps.
• Perform map data and database query and analysis and create reports and thematic maps on the data with GIS.
• Input, edit, and verify data to the GIS system; prepare and maintain a variety of base and specialty maps, records, and reports related to Municipal Government.
• Responsible for collecting data using GPS and orthophotos.
• Customize and support existing GIS applications and implement quality control procedures.
• On-going maintenance of GIS datasets.
• Provide technical support, information, training, and guidance for County staff and user groups of the County’s Geographic Information System.
• Conduct research and data collection; interpret plans, photos, and maps.
• Liaise with County departments to determine needs and direction of GIS projects; collect and analyze GIS information as needed.
• Ensure quality assurance on new or revised data conforms to the GIS standards.
The ideal candidate will possess a certificate or diploma in Geographic Information Systems or equivalent education and experience, as well as knowledge of Municipal Government operations, understanding of legal land descriptions, and familiarity with the Alberta Township Survey System.
You will find a detailed job description on the Athabasca County website under Careers at www.athabascacounty.com or please contact Kelli Chamberlain (780) 675-2273 at the County Administration Office for further information.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $60,879 - $71,214
Posted Date: Apr 09, 2019
Closing Date: Jul 19, 2019