The Administration Department for the Municipal District of Pincher Creek No.9 supports the provision of good governance, and services, or facilities. Administration activities are supported by the opinion of Council, as necessary or desirable for all or a part of the municipal district.
The Executive Assistant is a single point liaison and must balance sensitivity and urgency of complex issues to a smooth transition of information to the CAO, Council, or other appropriate contacts.
Fostering collegial relationships with staff and external partners is a priority in addition to promoting a team-focused, safe workplace designed to service the community with respect and accountability.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and agendas, for all council meetings or other meetings as required.
- Attend and record minutes, of all council meetings or other meetings as required.
- Prepare correspondence, and minutes arising from meetings for approval and distribution.
- File and maintain official municipal records (minutes, agendas, correspondence, and documentation) in accordance to legislation and established municipal procedures.
- Monitor, answer or forward information submitted to the general email address of the municipal district.
- Coordinate all arrangements for council community PR events.
- Organize travel arrangements, conference attendance, etc. as required.
- Coordinates the sourcing and ordering of all promotional materials for the CAO and Council.
- Act as Deputy Privacy Advisor for Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) and Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) requests.
- Post-secondary education in business administration or related discipline is required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Pro, and electronic filing systems. Experience with Laserfiche is an asset.
- Ability to receive oral and written instructions and perform tasks with minimum supervision.
- Must have superlative diplomacy skills due the sensitivity and level of confidentiality of information privy to.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act (MGA), FOIP, and PIPA.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: May 08, 2019
Closing Date: May 17, 2019