The County is seeking applications for the permanent position of Economic Development Officer (32 hours/week, Tuesday-Friday). This position reports directly to the Director of County Services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement business retention and attraction strategies;
- Evaluate development potential and economic effects of land-use projects and provide recommendations for County policy;
- Works with potential developers, current businesses and organizations requiring economic development opportunities;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining promotional literature and materials;
- Provide administrative services to the Community Economic Development Advisory Board;
- Other related duties as determined by the Director of County Services.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Degree/diploma or equivalent experience in Business or Marketing;
- A minimum 3 years Municipal experience;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to plan and organize workload;
- Excellent verbal and written communications;
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office Products;
- Work independently and as a team;
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR;
- Successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and Driver’s Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jan 14, 2021
Closing Date: Feb 16, 2021