The successful applicant must have:
- Peace Officer Level 1 (CPO1) Certification or the ability to obtain an appointment as a CPO1 in the Public Security Peace Officer Program in accordance with the Alberta Peace Officer Act and its Regulation within 1 year of employment.
- Have passed, or are able to pass, the Physical Ability Requirement Evaluation (PARE) test within 1 year of employment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ practical experience in municipal enforcement or applicable Law Enforcement Experience, is an asset.
- Specialized training in animal control and apprehension, Baton, O.C. Spray, Traffic Enforcement, is an asset.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check and Provincial Drivers Abstract Reports as a condition of employment.
- Understanding of the Alberta Peace Officer Program, the court system and trial process, Peace Officer appointments and jurisdiction, Municipal and Solicitor General Policy and their application.
- Knowledge of Municipal Bylaws, Traffic Safety Act, Municipal Government Act, court and legal process and related regulations.
- Competent computer skills and high attention to detail.
- Physically able to safely conduct long foot patrols and frequent moving in and out of vehicles without causing undue risk of harm to self.
This position offers a salary competitive salary and includes an excellent benefit package and Pension Plan. Hours of work for this position are irregular and may vary by assignment. Length of assignments may range from a few hours to longer terms and may include early mornings/days/evenings and weekends.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and two professional letters of recommendations, in confidence, to the undersigned by noon on April 22, 2022. This competition may remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
TOWN OF WHITECOURT
Box 509, 5004 - 52 Avenue
WHITECOURT, AB T7S 1N6
Attention: HR/Payroll Clerk
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted further.