The Community Outreach Worker provides support, advocacy, and coordination of adult and senior services to ensure residents are not isolated and are active members of the community.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Provide information, referral, support and way finding support to adults.
• Coordinate assistance including negotiation, advocacy, navigation and access to provincial and federal government benefits.
• Provide support, advocacy and coordination of services for adults experiencing challenging issues.
• Provide support, information and assistance to families who are caring for their adult family members.
• Provide outreach services to adults and their families in the community including home visits as necessary.
• Research emerging social trends and community issues that impact isolated populations.
• Partner with community groups to develop programs and services that meet the needs of adults.
• Act as a liaison between Seniors Advisory Council and County Council.
• Assist with the coordination of Seniors Transportation.
• Coordinate annual Senior conference and celebrations as planned.
• Attend regular community-based meetings representing adult populations.
• Work within assigned budget and prepare financial reporting as required.
• Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
This position requires strong interpersonal communication, advocacy, programming, and collaboration skills. Key to this position is the ability to work well with both internal and external partners to ensure the effective delivery of services and programs for adults. The ability to take initiative, be resourceful, work under pressure and meet deadlines. This position involves significant work outside of the office, including visiting homes, agencies and groups within the entire County region.
The incumbent must have strong computer skills and demonstrate a high level of competency using all Microsoft programs and other related software. Physical job requirements include occasional lifting of 30 pounds, sitting and standing for extended periods of time. Must be available to work the evening or weekends.
Post-secondary education in Human Services, Social Work, other related field and previous experience working with the senior population. Valid first aid certificate, a valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle, acceptable drivers abstract, and defensive driving is required. ASIST certification or Mental Health First Aid Certificate is required within first three months. A clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Record Check is required, (both checks to be renewed every three years).
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $67,524.31 - $88,855.10 per annum
Posted Date: Jan 28, 2020
Closing Date: Feb 11, 2020
Job ID: 24-2020