Municipal District of Ranchland No. 66
Chief Administrative Officer
Do you have a passion for the preservation of the Eastern Slopes and the ranching community it supports?
Are you a skilled and accomplished team leader with a strong background in administration?
The MD of Ranchland is seeking a dynamic and dedicated Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to support the staff, community and Council in their efforts to preserve the district’s unique ranching heritage. The MD is a leader and protector of sustainable land use practices and a guardian against cumulative effects of environmental disturbances.
Reporting to Council, the CAO is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the MD. The CAO will lead a team of eight FTE’s, including four direct reports. He/she will be an exceptional team leader, committed to the MD’s vision: “To protect and enhance the unique ranching heritage and to promote activities that are sustainable and compatible with the environment”.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven ability to provide overall leadership for the planning, development, and management of a variety of municipal services and to provide well researched guidance to Council and all staff
- A proven ability to create and lead a participative workplace with a cohesive management team that promotes and sustains a productive workplace with excellent customer service
- The ability to see municipal services from a regional perspective and to develop and foster shared services and partnerships with other municipalities
- A proven ability to liaise effectively with Council, other elected officials, residents, landowners, community groups, and other levels of government, with effective communication, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Analytical ability in preparing reports and compiling information for Council, together with a good knowledge of and proficiency in all related information technology
- Possess a strong working knowledge of accounting practices and of municipal finances with budget, planning and development experience
The successful candidate’s career should reflect a progression towards more responsibility in a supervisory role, preferably with post-secondary education in a related discipline, or a CLGM designation.
Remuneration is negotiable and will be commensurate with your experience, knowledge and abilities. Salary range will be discussed with qualified candidates as part of the screening process and will depend upon the determined work schedule as there is some flexibility in the number of hours per week required.
We support a work-life balance and offer an excellent compensation package including group health and dental benefits, a RRSP Program, a health spending account and professional development opportunities.
If you wish to learn more about the position, please see the full Candidate Profile
under the Jobs & Opportunities
tab on our website www.mdranchland.ca
. You will also find further information About the MD
under this tab.
Please provide a cover letter and resume, in confidence, to: MD of Ranchland No. 66, P.O. Box 1060, Nanton, Alberta, T0L 1R0 or electronically to: email@example.com. The Closing Date for this competition is October 19, 2018, or until an exceptional candidate is found.
The MD of Ranchland thanks all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.
For more information on the role of the CAO: http://www.municipalaffairs.alberta.ca/documents/CAO%20Handbook.pdf