The Municipal District of Opportunity #17 is the third largest Alberta municipality in geographical size that has seen continued growth and opportunity. This exciting management position will provide challenges and rewards in the operation of the municipal government and administration. The administration of the municipality includes a senior management team who are responsible for Regulatory Services, Transportation & Public Works, Utilities, Housing & Social Programming, Finance and Corporate Services.
Reporting to the Reeve and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer will work closely with the senior management team. It is essential that the candidate possess a strong team concept and extensive municipal management skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Administer and execute responsibilities, duties and the authority pursuant to the Municipal Government Act as well as laws of Alberta and Canada;
- Work closely with the Reeve and Council to ensure Council’s goals and objectives are achieved and exercise delegated authority;
- Provide strategic leadership to the municipality and its personnel;
- Seek ongoing improvement in the delivery of municipal services to the public as well as in the management of the municipality’s affairs;
- Ensure that policies and programs approved by Reeve and Council are implemented;
- Oversee municipal finances including Operating and Capital Budgets and exercise general financial control over all the municipal departments;
- Review and approve administrative reports, agenda and scheduling of Council meetings;
- Hold a Post secondary degree in Business or Public Administration, Finance, Local Government Administration, Accounting Designation CA, CMA, CGA;
- Extensive experience in Senior Management. Preference will be given to candidates with both private and public sector experience.
Salary is negotiable based on qualifications, experience and education. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter. The Municipal District of Opportunity provides an excellent benefit package including both Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP) and matching Registered Retirement Saving Plan (RRSP) program. Please note that Housing and Living Allowance is also negotiable.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by noon on May 13, 2020 along with three work related references to:
Municipal District of Opportunity No.17 Council Selection Committee
Municipal District of Opportunity No.17,
PO Box 60, 2077 Mistassiniy Road North, Wabasca, AB T0G 2K0
Only mailed or delivered hard copies marked “confidential” will be accepted by 12:00 pm CMT, May 13, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.