HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Shift work, on-call and overtime will also be necessary to address operational requirements.
HOURLY WAGE: $36.02 per hour in accordance with the CUPE 1425 Collective Agreement.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below by November 12, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
City of Camrose
Attention: Manager of Fleet and Shop
Mailing Address: 5204 – 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
P: 780.672.5513 | E: email@example.com | W: www.camrose.ca
Key Responsibilities Include:
FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Inspect, repair and maintain gas and diesel powered vehicles, equipment, and trailers. May include attachments such as front-end loader, plows or sweeper.
- Adjust or tear-down equipment to repair, replace or rebuild defective parts, components or systems, as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Estimate time and material costs on vehicle and equipment repairs.
- Conduct safety inspections and quality checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Complete administrative documentation and tasks associated with repairing vehicles, parts usage and orders, and accounting for repair times as related to the position and job duties.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Automotive Technician Journeyman certificate required with the qualifications to perform the duties and meet the applicable requirements of a mechanic and as per the Collective Agreement.
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyman certificate is considered an asset.
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection License, or the ability to obtain is required.
- Experience with various aspects of equipment repair as it relates to municipal equipment inventory is considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others and provide technical guidance in a professional manner.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic, with the ability to exert moderate/high physical strength in moving and lifting equipment, and to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be committed to working as part of a team and working in a safe manner at all times.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with the public and contractors in a professional manner.
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement is required.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Oct 27, 2021
Closing Date: Nov 12, 2021