- Water/Wastewater Level 1 Certificate or willing to obtain.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Standard First Aid and WHIMS certification, Confined spaces certified; Trench safety.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting and climbing. Work is performed with exposure to the outdoor elements.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing are essential.
- Experience in operating various power and hand tools and various heavy equipment.
- Underground water and sewer experience would be an asset.
- Plumbing experience or trade ticket would be an asset.
- Residency in proximity to municipal boundaries is required for on-call response purposes.
- Successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and Driver’s Abstract.
- Must participate in a Fitness to Hire Assessment.
This position is included within the scope of the County’s unionized setting (IUOE Local 955) and is based on a 40-hour work week. Thorhild County also has a comprehensive benefits program. Pay range for this position is ($30.41-$36.52). Current employees of Thorhild County fulfilling the requirements essential to this position shall be considered for this position. Deadline for submission of resumes is December 1, 2022 @ noon.