QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision.
- Grade 10.
- Pesticide application knowledge and experience.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHISYCAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from employees, Management, Council and Ratepayers
- Crop and weed identification and knowledge
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Record keeping skills
- Use and operation of a vehicle
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures
HEALTH & SAFETY:
All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Moderate physical effort; occasional heavy lifting
- Subject to working in outdoor environment – heat, cold, dry, dusty and / or wet conditions as well as insects, bees and wildlife
- Working alone in a rural area
- Use and operation of a variety of vehicles including: trucks and ATV’s over all types of terrain
- Subject to falls, cuts and scrapes
- Exposure to pesticides
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
- Required to wear correct Personal Protective Equipment as per safe job procedures
- May be required to wear respiratory equipment, if conditions warrant
- Pesticide application – gloves, boots, respirator, coveralls and head protection
- Must follow all safe job procedures
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume by 28th February
2019, in one of the following ways:
Mail or Drop Off: Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079, Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org