• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisors, co-workers and the public.
• Familiarity with the Alberta Township Survey (ATS) System.
• Ability to maintain accurate records and to prepare written reports.
• Ability to identify noxious and prohibited noxious weed species.
• Knowledge of pesticides.
• Completion of some post-secondary studies in agriculture, environmental science or a related field.
• A current pesticide applicator Authorized Assistant certification (or the ability to obtain).
• Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
• Standard First Aid certification (or the ability to obtain).
• Defensive Driving certification (or the ability to obtain).
• Ability to wear a half mask with organic carbon filters when handling and applying herbicides, and completion of a Respiratory User Screening Form as per the CSA Z94.4-11.
• Ability to conduct strenuous work in an outdoor setting and perform medium lifting of 25 kilograms.
• Experience with trailer hookup, cargo securement and towing.
• Experience operating ATVS/UTVs and/or towing trailers with a pickup would be an asset.
• An agricultural background would be an asset.
• Experience driving a pickup on gravel roads would be considered an asset.
Please submit your application by email quoting the competition number (Comp# 06-2020) in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $24.28-$28.40
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Posted Date: Dec 31, 2019
Closing Date: Jan 10, 2020