Posting ID: 21-58
Utility Services Operator ll
Permanent, Full-Time - 40 hours/week
$70,428.80 - $88,067.20 / annum
This position has been deemed safety-sensitive by the employer and as such
is subject to reasonable cause and post-incident drug and alcohol testing.
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Utility Services Operator ll.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Lead, of Utility Services, the Utility Operator ll is responsible for the day-to-day operation of all functions within our water, wastewater and stormwater areas and with be responsible for the periodic supervision including performance management, risk management, asset management, compliance with legislated requirements and continued development of safe work procedures.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide training, technical advice and guidance to fellow Operators to facilitate an efficient, safe and well-run water distribution system and wastewater collection system
- Assist in developing and maintaining standard/emergency operating procedures for all processes related to the operation of the City of Leduc and the Capital Region Southwest Water Services Commission’s water systems and wastewater collection system
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain storm and sanitary laterals; investigate, repair and maintain all storm/wastewater mains; operation and maintenance of lift stations; perform water quality testing and analysis.
- Operation and maintenance of lift stations
- Perform water quality testing and analysis
- Operation and maintenance of all associated equipment
- Testing, operation and maintenance of fire hydrants
- Installation and repair of water meters
- Operation and maintenance of storage reservoirs and associated pumping facilities
- Understanding and adhering to the policies, principles and practices of OH&S legislation and the City’s requirements as these obligations pertain to this of team
- Participation on the on-call rotation is required
You are the successful candidate for this position if you have the following:
- Alberta Environment level 2 certification in water distribution and wastewater collection
High school diploma or equivalency
- A diploma or certificate related to this field from an accredited institution would be an asset
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of related experience or equivalent work history
- Class 5 Driver’s license
- Working knowledge of WHMIS, OH&S standards and First Aid
- Experience with MS Office Suite, Geomatic Information Systems and Data Acquisition systems
- The successful candidate must be willing to provide a current criminal record check and a current driver’s abstract as part of the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 12:00 noon (MT) on October 7, 2021. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Sept 29, 2021
Closing Date: Oct 07, 2021