The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a Temporary Full-Time Utility Operator to join the Public Works team. Reporting to the Utility Team Lead, the Utility Operator shall be involved in the day to day operation and maintenance of the Towns water distribution, wastewater, and storm water collection system and facilities. This position has an end date of on or before April 30, 2023, based on operational requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Operate, monitor, and maintain the water and sewer/storm systems.
- Monitor reservoir levels, pressure levels, incoming outgoing water flowrates, and alarm systems.
- Perform sanitary and storm sewer maintenance (i.e. manholes, sewer flushing, residential service information gathering, and sewers lift station maintenance).
- Ditch dredging and culvert replacement.
- Install, maintain, and read commercial and residential water meters.
- Apply equipment specific operation skills, techniques and procedures while operating municipal equipment, hand tools and sundry equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Emergency response (water breaks, sewer back-ups, frozen sewer and water services).
- Ensure reservoir levels are sufficient for resident and fire safe demands.
- Assist with asset management data collection and condition assessments.
- Participate in a rotating schedule for 24 hour emergency On Call response.
Requirements for Utility Operator in Training
Requirements for Utility Operator I
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Utility Operations.
- Knowledge of the S.C.A.D.A system (Supervisor. Control. And. Data. Acquisition)
- Standard First Aid and WHIMS certification; Confined spaces certified; Trench Safety; preferred (or the ability to obtain)
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing).
- Experience in operating various power and hand tools, and various heavy equipment.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing are essential.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Driver’s Abstract.
- Class 3 Drivers License with Air Brakes.
- Provincial Certification in Water Distribution Level 1 and Wastewater Collection Level 1 Certification.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Utility Operator In Training starting wage of $26.02 per hour, Utility Operator I starting wage of $27.23 per hour
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time
Posted Date: May 30, 2022
Closing Date: June 14, 2022
Job ID: Utility Operator In Training—COMP#202231-UOT or Utility Operator I—COMP#202232-UO1