- Preference will be given to candidates who have already achieved Level I or II certification in Water Treatment, Water Distribution, Wastewater Collection and Wastewater Treatment.
- Secondary consideration will be given to candidates with post-secondary education in Water and Wastewater from an accredited institution, who have completed a 4-month practicum. Other related suitable combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Candidate should have experience in operating water and wastewater facilities, and construction, installation, and repair of water and wastewater mains and service connections.
- Hold a valid Class 5 Drivers License in good standing. A copy of driver’s abstract is mandatory yearly as per County policy.
- On going education and training is required, a minimum of 3.6 CEU’s are needed every three years to keep certificates valid.
- Training Requirements: WHIMIS, TDG training, Confined Space Entry and Rescue, Trenching Safety, First Aid, Defensive Driving, ICS 100 and OHS legislation.
- Candidate must be physically fit (ability to lift 20kgs), accountable to work independently and be a self-starter.
The full job description is in the careers section of our website lethcounty.ca
. If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please apply by sending a cover letter, resume, a copy of your certifications and a 5-year driver abstract to Lethbridge County, Human Resources.
Email: email@example.com (
Please submit emailed applications in PDF Format)
In person at
#100, 905 - 4th Avenue South, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4E4
This competition was posted Thursday September 5 and will remain open until 4:00 pm on Monday September 16, 2019.
Lethbridge County thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.