To assist with Department Preventative Maintenance initiatives and programs and the overall operation of the municipal water, storm and wastewater systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Assist with the day to day operation and maintenance of municipal water treatment and distribution, wastewater treatment and collection, and storm water infrastructure in accordance with Alberta Environment approvals and regulations. Ensure adherence to recognized industry standards and applicable legislation, regulations and established County policies and practices.
• Inspect reservoir facilities, pumphouses and lift stations, storm water management facilities as required. Maintain and update applicable records for all operations.
• Assist with installation, maintenance and repair of municipal water and wastewater lines, hydrants, storm water line and lateral services.
• Assist with and complete detailed work orders as required.
• Ensure Utilities Field Supervisor/Team Lead is regularly updated on the status of the various systems.
• Maintain yards and properties associated with municipal water, wastewater and storm facilities.
• Keep all equipment at their disposal in good working condition.
• Deliver letters and notices.
• Collect bacteriological samples and submit to Alberta Health as required.
• Maintain cleanliness, organization and tidiness of shop and other facilities.
• Wash vehicles and equipment as required.
• Support Waste Management Operations, as required
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Participate in on call rotation to support operational requirements.
• Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
• High school diploma or equivalency.
• NAIT Water and Wastewater Technician Certificate or equivalent would be an asset.
• Experience in municipal water/wastewater considered an asset.
• Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable 5-year commercial driver’s abstract.
• Minimum Emergency First Aid certificate.
• Defensive Driving course certificate or the ability to obtain prior to start date.
• Must work safely, effectively and efficiently with others and alone with little or no supervision, always be punctual, communicate openly, take direction well, and responds to public inquiries in a calm and friendly manner.
• Work is performed within the County and exposed to outdoor elements.
• Ability to operate a pickup truck on gravel roads.
• Physical job requirements include occasional heavy lifting of 50 pounds; frequent squatting, bending twisting, and climbing.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $21.50-$25.14/hr
Posted Date: Feb 14, 2020
Closing Date: Feb 27, 2020
Job ID: 32-2020