MUNICIPAL DISTRICT OF GREENVIEW, ALBERTA
DEPARTMENT: Infrastructure & Planning, Environmental Services
LOCATION: Grande Cache, Alberta
STATUS: Accepting applications until a suitable candidate is found.
Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil and gas, fertile farmland, and mixed wood forests. As the third-largest rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Reporting to the Manager of Environmental Services, the Utilities Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Utilities Operators and ensuring all tasks are completed in a safe and timely manner. The Utilities Supervisor oversees coordinating work across multiple areas and ensuring safety and policy procedures are always followed. The Utilities Supervisor will assist utility workers with issues and concerns, and dutifully resolve or ask for required assistance to resolve. The Utility Supervisor will also be responsible for the operation and maintenance Greenview water and wastewater systems.
- Supervise and schedule Operators, coordinating day to day tasks and job planning.
- Identify what tools and employees are required for specific jobs and tasks and ensure job completion.
- Monitor the SCADA system and other instrumentation pertaining to the water treatment & distribution and wastewater treatment & collection systems
- Conduct service checks and confirm reporting requirements & housekeeping duties at all reservoirs, pump-houses, lift stations and treatment facilities
- Ensure and when required perform tasks and complete reports and tests as required by Alberta Environment
- Conduct review of and recommend maintenance scheduling of analytical/ operating equipment.
- Must be familiar with water and wastewater approvals and codes of practice for all facilities under purview of Supervisor as issued by AEP
- Conducts/ participates in safety toolbox meetings, review and develop job hazard assessment and field level hazard assessments and JHA’s.
- Attend position-related seminars/courses as directed by the Manager
- Prepare and submit weekly reports to the Manager
- Supervise and participate in planned/emergency work related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of water distribution and or sanitary sewage collection systems and storm water systems
- Respond to customer complaints and issues, utilizing Greenview policies and bylaws
- Report any staffing concerns to the Manager
- Overtime and after hour calls can be expected
- Report all maintenance/ repair issues to the Manager
- Coordinate and Supervise contractors for the department with the direction of Manager
- Ensure adequate equipment, training and supplies are available to perform a task safely and efficiently to provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Update and maintain the Alberta One call system with Greenview infrastructure and the reporting, record keeping structure internally.
- Ensure accurate department records are maintained/ updated annually or as required (DWSP & SOP & ERP and operational manuals)
- This position may be required to rotate on standby with other department staff and may be required to work shifts outside of regular hours of work
- Conduct performance reviews for staff under Supervisor’s direction
- Complete and review/ approve monthly and annual reports for AEP
- Assist in budget preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Familiar with Scada systems.
- Must be proficient with computerized accounting
- Basic accounting skills and familiarity with Municipal finances and
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from employees, Management, Council, Ratepayers and
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
To see full job posting please go to our website
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jul 05, 2022
Closing Date: Jul 21, 2022