Thorhild County Utilities Department is seeking a suitable individual to carry out the following duties:
• Responsible for the daily operation, repair and maintenance of the County’s municipal natural gas distribution systems;
• Operate all construction equipment for installation of new or upgrades to existing services;
• Perform inspections of distribution system at regular intervals;
• Adhere to operation and maintenance procedures;
• Abide by codes of all regulating bodies, Alberta Environment, Rural Utilities and Energy Utility
Board in regard to the necessary reporting requirements for all aspects of the department;
• Assist in the daily operation, repair and maintenance of the regional water distribution system;
• Must participate in the standby schedule on a rotational basis;
• Assist in the daily operation, repair and maintenance of the County’s municipal water distribution and waste water collection systems;
• Gasfitter Class (A) Journeyman
• Level 1 Water/Wastewater certificate or willing to obtain
• A minimum of Grade 12 education or equivalent.
• Standard First Aid and WHIMS certification, Confined spaces certified; Trench safety.
• Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting and climbing. Work is performed with exposure to the outdoor elements.
• Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
• Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing are essential.
• Experience in operating various power and hand tools and various heavy equipment.
• Successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and Driver’s Abstract.
• Must participate in a Fitness to Hire Assessment.
This position is included within the scope of the County’s unionized setting (IUOE Local 955) and is based on a 40 hour work week. Thorhild County also has a comprehensive benefits program. Current employees of the Thorhild County fulfilling the requirements essential to this position shall be considered for this position.