The City of Camrose is seeking an energetic and reliable individual to fill the permanent position of Operator 1 in the Utilities section of the Public Works department. This is a unionized position under CUPE Local 1425 and is inclusive of a trial period as per the Article 12.05 of the Collective Agreement.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Shift work, on-call and overtime will also be necessary to address operational requirements.
HOURLY WAGE: $26.61 per hour in accordance with the CUPE 1425 Collective Agreement, plus any additional premium pay as outlined in the collective agreement.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the email address below by July 15, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
City of Camrose – Public Works, Manager of Utilities
Address: 4202 - 51 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
P: 780.672.5513 | E: email@example.com | W: www.camrose.ca
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the following duties and tasks; sanitary sewer cleaning, sewer manhole inspections, sanitary sewer root control program, excavation and repair of broken sanitary sewer mains and water mains and services, labourer for vactor truck and water truck, valve operations, UDF program, cc valve operations, distribution laboratory and field testing, sanitary sewer laboratory and field testing, lagoon weed and vegetation control, mowing and weed eater of grass at all Utilities Buildings, providing heavy manual labour.
- Meter reading and meter service work (installations, account read-outs and problem troubleshooting).
- Operations and maintenance of the Utilities System as directed.
- Assistance with other City operation functions as necessary and assigned.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience operating heavy equipment including Backhoes and Loaders.
- Willingness and ability to achieve an Alberta Environment Level I certification in multiple disciplines.
- Awareness of the City of Camrose Alberta Environment Approvals considered an asset.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, trenches, elevated platforms, ladders, and extreme weather conditions.
- Proven mechanical and instrumentation aptitude with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications and SCADA software. Familiarity with CLAROS and WIMS software is an asset.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic, with sound decision-making and communication skills.
- Must be able to meet the City’s on-call protocols and participate in the on-call rotation detailed in the Collective Agreement and as assigned for the Utilities team.
- Valid Class 3 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator’s License with air brake endorsement.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: June 29, 2022
Closing Date: Jul 15, 2022