Under the direction of the Community Relations Manager, the Travel Counsellor serves as an ambassador for the Slave Lake Region and Alberta by promoting experiences, events and destinations within the region and province so that visitors will maximize their enjoyment, spending and length of stay in the Slave Lake Region.
Duties include working with visitors to provide a personalized and exemplary experience, liaising with local operators and area representatives in a professional manner, and collecting data and feedback from visitors. There are two (2) full time positions and one (1) part time position available. These are seasonal positions commencing mid-May until the end of August.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the visitor to provide personalized and exemplary visitor experiences.
- To provide visitors with a positive tourism experience in the Slave Lake Region in order to
generate future return visits as well as good word-of-mouth for the region and all that it has to
- Liaise with local area representatives and tourism operators in a professional manner.
- Provide quality information services in a variety of locations, such as campgrounds and regional
- Collect data and feedback from every visiting party counseled and facilitate visitor surveys as
- Participate in planning and carrying out events.
- Health and Safety: Must adhere to all safety standards under the Occupational Health and Safety
- Legislation, Town Policies and Procedures and WHMIS Guidelines. For specific responsibilities of
this position, refer to the Town's Health and Safety Policy, Section 2 - Responsibilities for CAO,
- Directors, Supervisors and Workers.
- Must have knowledge of the tourism opportunities, events and activities available in the region.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a good understanding of websites and social media in a business setting.
- Strong ability to use MS Office, word press and search engines.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Reliable vehicle with proper insurance.
Send your resume to:
Town of Slave Lake, Human Resource Department,
101 Main Street SE. P.O. Box 1030, Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: June 22, 2021
Closing Date: June 30, 2021