- Gasfitter Class (A) Journeyman.
- Standard First Aid and WHIMS certification, Confined Spaces certified, Trench Safety.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting and climbing. Work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing are essential.
- Experience in operating various power and hand tools and various heavy equipment.
- Must reside within the municipal boundaries or reasonable distance to participate in the on-call rotation schedule.
- Successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and Driver’s Abstract.
- Must participate in a Fitness to Hire Assessment.
This position is included within the scope of the County’s unionized setting (IUOE Local 955) and is based on a 40-hour work week. Thorhild County also has a comprehensive benefits program. Hourly pay range for this position is $36.16-$45.53. Current employees of the Thorhild County fulfilling the requirements essential to this position shall be considered for this position.